Everything You Need to Know About Entry Doors
As your entry doors are one of the primary features of your Toronto area home, you are certainly away that they create a lasting impression for visitors and passersby. As well, they help set the vibe for the rest of your home. Thus, selecting the best entrance doors for your home is a matter of utmost importance.
There are many styles of doors from which to choose for your home, including steel, wood, and fiberglass doors. You will need to determine which of these will best fit the architectural design of your home as well as other functions such as security and energy efficiency. The following blog will help you determine which style exterior door will best fit your home.
Which Style of Entry Doors Is Best For Your Home
Fiberglass, steel and wood doors have their advantages, as well as a few disadvantages. Steel doors have been in use for many years therefore they have a solid reputation. However, despite the fact that fiberglass is a fairly new material for entry doors, it has been proven to be both durable and energy efficient. Wooden doors tend to be the most popular choice due to their sturdiness and refined style. So how does one decide which style of entry door is best for their home?
- Resistant to rotting, warming and denting
- Can be designed to resemble classic wooden doors
- Can be designed with an embossed wooden texture or smooth surface
- Are able to be painted or stained to match the look of your home or style
- Energy efficient and weather resistant
One thing that fiberglass doors have going against them is that they are able to shatter or crack under strong impact so it is a multi point locking system is recommended for added home security.
- Highly durable and structurally sound
- Filled with foam insulation for superior energy efficiency
- Designed with a sturdy wooden or steel inner frame
- Offer the highest degree of home security of the three types of entry doors discussed in this article
- Can be designed with an embossed wood pattern or smooth finish and coated with a finish of baked-on polyester
- Will not warp or crack due to their sturdy design
A disadvantage of steel entry doors is that they are susceptible to scratches and dents if these are not repaired in time. The addition of glass to steel doors will allow for heat loss which can render them less energy efficient.
- Stylish and elegant design for a sophisticated aesthetic appeal
- Most resistant of the aforementioned entry doors to denting and scratching
- Easy to repair or touch up with paint or stain
- Solid wood doors are highly durable
Wooden doors are the most costly than steel or fiberglass entry doors and will require more upkeep to keep up their stylist appearance.
Still, not sure what style of entry doors is are best for your needs? Contact Total Home Windows and Doors today for a free consultation and quote in the privacy of your own home. Our expert staff will help you determine which exterior doors will best fit your home.